This speedy spicy sweet potato mash recipe is packed with tons of delicious, clean, low GI carbs, and can be prepared in just 15 minutes. This recipe will take you no time at all to cook and is great for when you need to get some healthy carbs in a hurry!
Sweet potatoes are a healthy low GI carb source, and as an added bonus they are packed with vitamin A which is a powerful antioxidant. Chilli and lime are fantastic additions, not only for the flavour, but they also stimulate your metabolism and are natural fat burners. The coriander and soy sauce adds guilt-free flavouring and complement the natural sweet taste of the potatoes.
Macros (per serving): 190kcal, Protein 9g, Carbs 44g, Fat 1g
- 4 Small Sweet Potatoes/ 1 Large Sweet Potato (approx. 400g)
- 2 Limes, halved
- 1 Fresh Chilli (green or red)
- Handful of Coriander
- Reduced Salt Soy Sauce
- Grab a large microwaveable tupperware container (with a lid if possible) and place the sweet potatoes inside along with one of the limes cut into two halves.
- Rest the lid on top and set the microwave for 15 minutes at full power (this is for a 750w microwave – adjust accordingly).
- Meanwhile, finely chop the chilli and coriander on a large chopping board.
- Once cooked, place the sweet potatoes on top of the chopped chilli and coriander, skins and all. Start by chopping them up with a knife, squeezing in the fresh lime and a dash of soy sauce. You can then use a potato masher to make it smoother, although we rarely bother with this step.
- That’s it – ready to eat! Our spicy sweet potato mash is delicious served with chicken, beef, fish or even on its own if you fancy!