Love Nutella on pancakes? Who doesn’t?
Unfortunately your classic Nutella-smothered pancake is far from healthy and won’t do us any favours when trying to get lean.
That’s where these guilt-free Nutella protein pancakes come in!
These pancakes are a great protein-packed option for breakfast that still have that decadent Nutella taste but with none of the sugar.
Low in carbs and full of healthy fats, they are the perfect start to your day to keep you fuller for longer.
Makes: 6 pancakes
Macros: Calories 652, Protein 52g, Carbs 19g, Fat 41g
- 1/3 cup Sukrin reduced fat almond flour*
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup dark chocolate hazelnut butter**
- 1 tsp Truvia
- 4 tbsp liquid egg whites
- 7 tbsp water
* You can also use oat flour, but do not use ground almonds!
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Add in the dark chocolate hazelnut butter, egg whites and water and mix to form a thick but runny batter.
- Either use coconut oil (or a 0 kcal spray to save calories) and heat up in a non-stick pan. Drop a large dessert spoonful of the batter into the centre of the pan and spread to form a pancake shape.
- Leave to cook on a low to medium heat on one side before flipping over to cook on the other side. Repeat until you have used up all of the batter and stack the pancakes up as you go.
- Optional: dust with Sukrin alternative to icing sugar and top with a few chopped strawberries and drizzle with Zero Syrup or honey!