The Kettle Bell Side Lunge is a lower body exercise that primarily targets the quadriceps but also works the calves, glutes and hamstrings. This is a compound exercise which is well suited to intermediate lifters.
- Stand holding a kettle bell in each hand with your feet close together,
- Lunge to one side, keeping both heels on the floor, going as low as you can go.
- Drive through the heel of the bent leg, pushing yourself back up to a standing position.
- Keep both feel flat on the floor throughout.
- Alternate legs until you have completed all of the reps.