The Incline Weighted Crunch is a core exercise that primarily targets the abdominals but also works the obliques. This is an isolation exercise which is well suited to beginner lifters.
- Use either a decline bench with a handle or an inclined ab bench.
- If you can’t complete them whilst holding a weight, try starting off with just bodyweight.
- Sit on an inclined ab bench or decline bench holding a plate or dumbbell.
- Contract your abs to lift your torso off the bench until your back is at 45° to the floor.
- Slowly lower your torso back down until it is just off the bench and repeat.