These little cupcakes are the perfect way to treat yourself whilst staying on track of your diet this festive season. This is a super easy recipe using most ingredients which you would find in your kitchen cupboard at home! The mixture of spices make these bite-sized delights smell and taste just like Christmas.
For an extra indulgent version, try adding a handful of mixed dried fruit such as cranberries and raisins! They are gluten free, wheat free, and free of refined sugars so the ideal way to cheat clean this Christmas!
Makes: 16 small cupcakes (or 8 large cupcakes)
Macros*: Calories 54 kcal, Protein 3g, Carbs 6g, Fat 2g
- 1/3 cup vanilla whey protein
- 2/3 cup oat flour/bran
- 2 tbsp Apple sauce
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of mixed spice or nutmeg and ginger
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup of stevia
- First combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the dry ingredients. Add more or less spice, depending on taste.
- Transfer the cake batter into a silicone, or lined, bun tray.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes, for mini-muffins, and 25 minutes, for larger muffins. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack before frosting.
*Note: Macros are given per protein cupcake assuming 16 cupcakes in total.