These protein pancakes are incredibly quick and easy to make, and packed with protein too of course! Because these are so simple, we’ve added a few topping ideas so you can mix things up a bit!
Makes: 8 pancakes
Macros: Calories 158, Protein 18.3g, Carbs 15.2g, Fat 2.4g
- 15g vanilla whey
- 15g oat flour
- 30g apple puree
- 40ml (or 1 medium-large) egg white
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
Topping ideas: Flavouring drops/extracts, Fresh blueberries, Chopped nuts, Marshmallows, Chocolate chunks, Freeze dried fruit or dried fruits e.g. sultanas.
Basic Pancake Method
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl, mix well and blend with a hand blender until pale. Stir in any fruit, nuts or other add in’s you’re using.
- Heat a non-stick pan to a medium heat with spray/ coconut oil.
- Add a tablespoon of the mixture to the frying pan. Cook for 5-10 seconds. Flip. Cook and repeat until the batter is used up.
- Stack up, serve, and enjoy with one of the simple topping recipes shown below!
Simple Topping Recipes
1-minute blueberry jam:
Chuck a handful of frozen blueberries in a microwaveable bowl with a splash of water. Microwave on high for a minute or two, mashing up the blueberries and stirring in-between. It should thicken up. Stir in any additional sweetener. This also works well with cranberries & raspberries!
Slice up a fresh banana. Sprinkle with cinnamon and choice of sweetener (e.g. honey, agave, Sukrin brown sugar/icing sugar, regular choice of sugar). Heat a frying pan with coconut oil. Fry the banana until caramelised. If using a sugar substitute, watch it doesn’t burn.
Healthy chocolate sauce:
Add a tbsp of cocoa powder to a bowl and mix to a smooth paste with water/almond milk. Add a bit more liquid to make it into a liquid. Microwave for 10- 20 seconds, stir and repeat until thickened. Stir in sweetener of choice, to taste and a dollop of fat free greek yoghurt.