These festive protein trifles are perfect for a dinner party served in wine glasses and the perfect alternative to the average trifle! Also individually portioned so they are easy to serve and stops you going back for one too many portions!
Macros*: Calories 466 kcal, Protein 43g, Carbs 42g, Fat 14g
- 160g fresh cranberries
- 25g Truvia
- 1 cup water
- 1 scoop of chocolate whey (25g)
- 18g coconut flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 55g unsweetened apple puree
- 25g Truvia
- 55g liquid egg whites
- 40ml unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 scoop vanilla whey
- 30g no added sugar custard powder
- 55ml unsweetened almond milk
- 235g 0% Total Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop of whey
- Sprinkle of desiccated coconut
- Add the cranberries along with the Truvia and water to a pan and stir together. Heat up the mixture and bring to a simmer until the mixture thickens.
- Take the pan aside and leave to cool completely.
- Pre heat the oven to 180ºC (355F).
- In a bowl mix together the chocolate whey, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and Truvia for the sponge ingredients.
- Add in the apple puree, egg whites and almond milk and mix to form a thick chocolate batter. Pour the batter into 4 silicone muffin moulds and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Leave the muffins to cool completely.
- Next, make the protein custard by mixing together the whey, custard powder and milk.
- Now layer the trifles by adding a quarter of the cranberry mixture to the bottom of two wine glasses.
- Break up the muffins into small pieces and place half into both wine glasses on top of the cranberry mixture.
- Top the muffin layers with half of the custard mixture.
- Repeat the cranberry layer, muffin layer and custard layer in each glass.
- Next mix together the Greek yogurt and whey in a bowl and put into a silicone piping bag and pipe onto the top of both trifles.
- Finally, sprinkle with a little desiccated coconut to finish!
*Note: Macros are given per protein trifle assuming this recipe makes 2 trifles.