This recipe is ideal for chocolate lovers craving a sweet fix throughout the Christmas period, but without being packed full of sugar.
Creamy and indulgent, the addition of gelatine to help make this set and keep its firm consistency feels like a luxurious treat and can be formed however you want.
With protein powder and cacao, this recipe is a much healthier alternative than traditional chocolate puddings or ‘mousses’ and can really satisfy a sweet tooth.
I decided to use two small Guglhupf tins so the jelly looked pretty and could hold a few decorative berries on top, plus it fits in nicely with the festive theme. You can use any mould you want and even serve it with bananas and desiccated coconut rather than berries – the choice is yours!
Makes: 2 protein jelly rings
Macros*: Calories 338 kcal, Protein 9g, Carbs 8g, Fat 30g
- 1 can coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup Stevia
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 sachet gelatine
- Put everything in a blender except the gelatine and blend well.
- Pour into a small pan and bring to the boil. Sprinkle over the gelatine powder and whisk vigorously for a couple of minutes, making sure there are no lumps.
- Pour into your mould(s) – it makes about a pint. Leave in fridge for at least 4-6 hours until completely set.
- Now it’s up to you how you want to serve it, although make sure you eat it within half an hour as it’s best eaten chilled!
*Note: Macros are given per half protein jelly ring assuming 2 jelly rings in total.