Ever wondered if you can make a healthy flapjack? These nutrient-dense beauties require no baking, so they’re extremely quick to make, yet unbelievably moreish too!
We’ve designed them to be a perfect post-gym snack. The carbs and protein are essential for growth and repair, and the fats are all healthy – they’re almost entirely from coconut oil, cocoa and macadamia nuts.
Click here to watch the video of Ben whipping these up in the TEG kitchen.
Cals 286kcal, Protein 13g, Carbs 25g, Fats 16g fat
- 100g 85% coco dark chocolate
- 15g extra virgin coconut oil
- 50g macadamia nuts
- 250g rolled oats
- 20g honey
- 75g whey protein (flavour of your choice)
The full recipe is shown in the video but the basic method is as follows:
- Boil a kettle of water
- Break up the dark chocolate into a glass bowl and add the coconut oil
- Pour your boiling water into the saucepan
- Place glass bowl over the boiling water and melt the chocolate and coconut oil mixture
- Mix the chocolate mixture, nuts, honey and half the oats in a food processor
- Once mixed, add the rest of the oats and run the food processor again
- Pour into a mixing bowl and add the protein. Mix well
- Add the water little by little until you get a nice flapjack consistency
- Pour mixture into a clingfilm-lined tray and spread evenly
- Leave to set in the fridge for 1 hour
Give these a go and let us know what you think on our social media.