These cupcakes are the perfect afternoon treat with a cup of coffee for those sweet cravings as they’re packed with protein. With ingredients like coconut flour, protein powder, coconut oil and almond milk, this dessert is super decadent while being ultra healthy – so have your cake and eat it too!
Servings: 7 cupcakes
Macros*: Calories 159 kcal, Protein 12g, Carbs 12g, Fat 7g
Vanilla Protein Cupcakes:
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein (25g)
- 80g coconut flour
- 25g Sukrin reduced fat almond flour or oat flour
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 30g coconut oil
- 120g liquid egg whites (room temperature)
- 140ml unsweetened almond milk (room temperature)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 215g 0% Total Greek yogurt
- 15g Hale Naturals PPB/PB2/Peanut flour
- Optional: Choc Shot drizzle, broken up dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius (355F).
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave and add to the almond milk and egg whites in a separate bowl. It’s important that these are at room temperature or the coconut oil will solidify when mixed with them if they are cold.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix well to form a thick batter.
- Evenly distribute the batter between 7 silicone muffin/cupcake moulds and bake for 25 minutes.
- Leave the protein cupcakes to cool completely before making the frosting by mixing together the Greek yogurt and peanut flour in a bowl with a spoon until all combined. You can either spoon the mixture onto the cupcakes or use a piping bag.
- Optional: Top each with Choc Shot or agave and broken up dark chocolate pieces/chips.
*Note: Macros are given per vanilla protein cupcake without optional extras.