WEEK 3 Eat – Counting calories
- Eating the right foods is important, but getting the right amount of food is even more important!
- It’s easy to get the wrong amount of calories by “just eating healthy”
- People cannot notice the difference between over/under-eating by 20%
- Overeating means you’ll gain weight
- Less calories does not always mean faster results
- Under eating too much slows down your metabolism and stops your results
- There’s a “sweet spot” in terms of calories that will get you the best results
- You need targets specific to you to get the fastest results (everyone’s different)
- Download calorie counting app to smartphone (We highly recommend MyFitnessPal)
- Enter your nutrition targets
- Turn off the step tracking function
- Track everything you eat before you eat it
- Practice makes perfect
- Aim to get within 100 kcal of your target
- Your day = the time between waking up and going to sleep (even if you are shift worker)
- Not important at all – hitting your total calories is the #1 thing!
- You can even eat food and carbs right before bed if you like
- Meal timing will NOT affect your results on this programme
- Consistency is the most important thing
- Track everything or we can’t tweak your programme!