It’s nice to have a treat every once in a while, but it is usually combined with the feeling of guilt and disappointment for not sticking to your diet. You don’t have to feel guilty any longer, as these protein brownies are made entirely from healthy ingredients and are relatively low in calories too.
It can be a nightmare if you have allergies – you can feel like you’re missing out on a load of delicious foods. These protein brownies are not only gluten free, but also high in protein to help you recover from a hard workout in the gym!
Macros: Calories 152 kcal, Protein 8.6g, Carbs 11.6g, Fat 9.2g
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato (225g)
- 1/4 Banana (40g)
- 3 Eggs at room temp, whisked
- 3 tbsp (55g) Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp (45g) Coconut Flour
- 3 tbsp Stevia
- 3 tbsp (25g) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Almond butter (optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Scoop (50g) Whey Protein (preferably chocolate)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350 F)
- Put the sweet potato in a microwave safe container and microwave for 10 minutes (700w).
- Once the sweet potato is cooked through, cut in half and remove the skin.
- Add the sweet potato along with all the ingredients into a food processor and mix well.
- Grease an 8×8 baking tray with coconut oil and pour the mixture into it.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until you can put a toothpick into it and it comes out clean.
- Store in the fridge or freezer as it contains eggs!