Rice is a bodybuilding staple that can quickly become monotonous and boring. This tasty rice recipe will make sure you can keep rice on the menu and enjoy eating healthily.
Basmati rice is a great carb source for post-workout recovery and can be eating with almost anything. Lemon is a natural fat burner and a great source of anti-oxidants, and cinnamon helps regulate blood sugar levels and reduces bad cholesterol.
We’ve left the quantity of rice up to you – this should be based on your current diet plan.
- Basmati rice
- Small bunch of spring onions
- 1 Chicken stock cube
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Lemon, halved
- Fill the kettle with water and set it to boil.
- Slice the spring onions and put them in a saucepan with a lug of olive oil and the cinnamon sticks on a medium heat. Fry for 5 minutes until the onions being to turn clear.
- Meanwhile, pour the boiling water into a container and chuck in the stock cube, stirring until it dissolves.
- Add the rice to the saucepan and cover with about twice the volume of chicken stock, and chuck in the lemon halves face down.
- Bring to the boil and then put the lid on and turn the heat right down. Leave to simmer until the rice has absorbed all of the water (approx. 10 minutes) and then it’s ready to serve.