The Pull Up is an upper body exercise that primarily targets the lats, but also works the biceps and middle back. This is a compound exercise which is well suited to beginner lifters.
- Eccentric pull up
- Lat pulldown
- If you can’t do pull-ups, try doing eccentric pull ups or assisted pull-ups.
- Grab the bar with palms facing forwards and hands slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Pull your torso up by pulling your shoulders and upper arms down and back.
- Ensure you really squeeze your back muscles as you reach the top position.
- Slowly lower yourself back down to the starting position.