You can’t beat a cookie that’s crunchy on the outside and soft in the inside, bursting with flavour. But they’re loaded with empty sugars, carbs and fat, right? Well, not these ones!
Using chickpeas – trust me (it sounds mad I know!) – this vegetarian protein source works a treat. Chickpeas form the foundations of these cookies, and the addition of Bulk Powders Peaches & Cream protein powder and some fresh blueberries make these moreish cookies taste too good to be true!
Go ahead though, you CAN indulge in these gluten-free, high protein chickpea cookies completely guilt-free!
Servings: 6 cookies
Macros*: Calories 275 kcal, Protein 9g, Carbs 3g, Fat 14g
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and dried
- ½ cup nut butter
- ¼ cup hemp or almond milk
- ¼ cup Bulk Powders Peaches & Cream whey protein
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup Stevia
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (355F) and grease a non-stick baking tray all over.
- Put the chickpeas, nut butter, milk, protein powder, vanilla, Stevia and baking powder in a blender and blitz well until completely smooth.
- Scrape this mixture into a bowl and then stir in the blueberries. Take even spoonfuls of the mixture(bear in mind you’re making 6 cookies) and drop onto the baking tray, leaving space in between, then press down gently on top of each with a fork.
- Put the tray in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes until cooked through and golden, then leave to cool – they will be quite soft initially but will firm up as they cool down.
- Enjoy your chickpea cookies (with a glass of whole milk if you’re old school!).
*Note: Macros are given per chickpea cookie and based on almond butter and almond milk.