[fusion_text]Marmite…and prunes…are you mad!!
Well, yes I am, but thats a different story. The Oaterly Lovely Marmite and Prune Cookie however, will blow your mind. The Marmite and prunes keep it gloriously sticky and gooey on the inside, while remaining crispy on the outside. What’s more, they are packed full of low GI carbs to keep your engine running, and the Marmite adds a nice helping of protein for all your muscle building needs.
Quick to prepare, even quicker to cook, this show stopper semi-savoury oaty snack should be on everyone’s gym day menu at least once.
Macros: 334 kcal, 8g fat, 40g carbs, 7g fibre, 19g protein
- Pre-heat your oven to 200ºC.
- Get yourself a mixing bowl and pile in all the ingredients.
- Blend the mix until all the oats are well coated. The mix will be sticky and slightly thicker than a batter.
- Spoon out the gooey goodness onto some greaseproof paper on a baking tray.
- Pop it in the oven for 12 minutes, the cookie should now hold its shape.
- Remove it from the oven and leave to cool, ready to be consumed warm or cold later on.