These protein pancakes are an ideal breakfast treat, dessert or post workout snack. Our pancakes provide you with an excellent balance of macronutrients and a healthy serving of antioxidants. This is the perfect recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth with no need to feel guilty afterwards!
Unhealthy sugar and white flour are replaced with low GI oats and nutrient rich berries. Protein comes from two sources, fast digesting whey protein and slower digesting casein protein from milk. Fats are kept to a minimum by using milk and low fat yoghurt instead of butter. Coconut oil is used for frying as it is stable at high temperatures and will not break down to form unhealthy fats when heated.
Servings: 6 pancakes
Macros (per pancake): 305 kcal, Protein 25.6g, Carbs 30.2g, Fat 8.7g
- 100g Vanilla whey protein
- 400g Greek yogurt (0% fat)
- 200g Porridge oats
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 ½ Cups whole milk
- 20g Coconut oil
- 2 Handfuls blueberries
- 2 Handfuls raspberries
- 2 Handfuls strawberries
- Slice the strawberries thinly and put to one side with the rest of the berries.
- Blend the porridge oats, baking powder, whey protein, whole milk and yogurt until smooth.
- Add about a teaspoon of coconut oil to a non-stick frying pan (enough to coat the bottom of the pan) and place on a high heat. When the oil is hot, turn the pan down to a medium heat. Pour in enough pancake mixture to thinly cover the bottom of the pan and before the pancake mixture starts to cook, tilt the pan to spread the mixture (you may need to experiment at first until you get the right quantity!).
- Drop a handful of the mixed berries onto the pancake and gently push them into the batter using a spatula. After around 30 seconds when the pancake mix starts to bubble and the edges can be lifted off the pan, loosen the pancake from the pan with a spatula and then flip the pancake.
- After a few seconds of frying on the other side, the protein pancake is ready to eat. Slide the pancake onto a plate and enjoy!
- Repeat until you have used all the batter, adding more coconut oil to the pan where required.