Cheat clean with this Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Cauliflower Pizza Recipe!
The pizza base is literally entirely made of cauliflower – with the addition of some egg and cheese to bind it all together. This makes it super duper healthy, super low-carb, high in fibre and nutrients, and entirely gluten-free!
The end product doesn’t actually taste much like cauliflower, so you don’t have to worry if you’re not a big fan, but it creates a base that’s so light that you can easily eat the entire pizza to yourself!
Base Only: Calories 239 kcal, 8.2g fat, 19g carbs, 25.5g protein, 9.4g fibre
Whole Pizza: Calories 620 kcal, 25g fat, 28g carbs, 73g protein, 14g fibre
For the Base:
- 340g Cauliflower
- 75g Egg Whites (or 1 Whole Egg & 1 Egg White)
- 40g Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste (or granules)
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Oregano
For the Toppings:
- Tomato Puree or Passata
- 50g Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 100g Chicken Breast
- 1 Red Pepper
- 30g Mushrooms
- 30g Spinach
Feel free substitute the toppings shown above to suit your fancy!
1. Pre-heat your oven to 220°C, take your cauliflower and chop it up into small florets. Add all the cauliflower to a food processor and blitz – the result should resemble cous-cous or “cauliflower rice”.
2. Add in the egg whites, 40g of mozzarella, the garlic and your herbs and continue to blitz together until combined.
3. Transfer the base mixture onto a lined pizza tray or baking tray and spread the mix out evenly and press it down to make it compact.
4. Transfer the base to the oven and bake it for 25 mins, until golden. While your base is cooking, you can prepare your toppings and cook your chicken
5. Slice your mushrooms, chop up your pepper and cut your chicken into small chunks or strips.
6. Take a pan with a little bit of olive oil or some non-stick cooking spray and place it on the heat. While it warms up, season your chicken – I simply seasoned mine with Smoked Paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper.
7. Cook your chicken in the pan and then set aside. Don’t bother cooking the mushrooms or peppers yet since they will cook in the oven afterwards.
8. Once 25 mins are up and your base is cooked, remove it from the oven and spread over an even layer of tomato puree.
9. Now sprinkle about half of the grated Mozzarella all over, then add on all your toppings before covering the pizza with the remaining cheese.
10. Transfer your fully assembled pizza back into the top shelf of your oven for a further 10 mins, until the cheese is melted & starting to bubble.
Low-carb Cauliflower Pizza Pictures: