The Kettle Bell Box Squat is a lower body exercise that primarily targets the quadriceps, but also works the adductors, calves, glutes, hamstrings and lower back. This is a compound exercise which is well suited to intermediate lifters.
- Warm up by squatting with no weight first.
- Place a box behind your heels that means the top of your thighs are parallel when sat on it.
- Stand with your feet just wider than shoulder width and push your chest out.
- Squat down by bending your knees until your butt touches the box. Keep your core tight and make sure not to round your lower back.
- Push back up to the start position keeping your knees out and weight over your heels.