This lentil and egg salad is an ideal evening meal for a morning workout fitness regime, getting you a healthy dose of fats, clean protein, and carbs from low starch legumes. Combining the punch of a fiery hot sauce with the sweetness of raisins, apricots and peppers, this is a salad that delivers a mountain of flavours that will leave you happy and full.
Macros: 560 kcal, 21g fat, 52g carbs, 19g fibre, 31g protein
- 120g Puy lentils (cooked and drained)
- 100g Haricot beans (cooked and drained)
- 100g Bell pepper (sliced)
- 100g Cherry tomatoes
- 50g Apricot (diced)
- 15g Raisins
- 2 Eggs
- 10ml Olive Oil
- Handful of spinach
- Splash of hot sauce
- Salt, pepper, mixed herbs and garlic granules to season
- Chuck the spinach, tomatoes, peppers, lentils, beans and raisins into your salad bowl. Toss with the oil, seasoning, hot sauce and a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime.
- Poach the 2 eggs for just long enough that the yolks are between runny and sticky (takes a certain amount of trial and error). I used a couple of silicone poaching pouches to get that funky dome shape.
- Speckle the eggs with a little salt and pepper then whack them on top of your salad.
- Time to tuck in while the eggs are still warm.