This honey grilled salmon recipe is crispy on the outside and soft and flaky on the inside. Paired with mixed sweet and white potato mash and fried veg this is a great, balanced meal which can be enjoyed guilt free! This recipe should take around 25 minutes to prepare and serves four people, making it perfect either for meal prep or catering for friends and family.
Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids which gives it many health benefits such as keeping your brain healthy, preventing heart disease, lowering blood pressure and improving the health of your skin and bones. Courgettes are rich in potassium which can help prevent cramps and asparagus is packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals making it great for your overall health.
Macros (Per Serving)
Calories 583 kcal, 23g fat, 58g carbs, 34g protein
Salmon and marinade:
- 4 Salmon fillets (480g)
- 4 tbsp Soy sauce
- 30g honey
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Thumb sized piece of fresh ginger
- 1 Handful of coriander leaves
- 600g White potato
- 400g Sweet potato
- 1/2 tsp Mustard powder
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 50ml Semi-skimmed milk
- 2 Courgettes (zucchini if you’re American!)
- 1 Bunch of asparagus spears
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- Black pepper
1. Finely chop the ginger, garlic and coriander then put the salmon fillets into a container with all of the marinade ingredients. Move the fillets around to ensure they are all coated evenly.
2. Peel the sweet potatoes then chop both the sweet potatoes and white potatoes into large chunks and put them into a microwavable container with a lid. Add about 1tbsp of water to the container then microwave on high power for 20 minutes.
3. Chop up the courgettes into discs and remove the tough ends from the asparagus spears. When there are 12 minutes remaining on the microwave timer, fire up your grill on it’s maximum setting ready to cook the salmon and at the same time start heating the olive oil in a frying pan for the vegetables.
4. Put the vegetables into your frying pan and sprinkle with black pepper. Cook on a low to medium heat for around 10 minutes, stirring to prevent anything from burning.
5. Whilst the vegetables are cooking, remove the salmon fillets from the marinade and grill on a high heat for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Turn the fillets every few minutes to prevent the marinate from burning.
6. Remove the potatoes from the microwave when they are done and add the olive oil, milk and mustard powder. Mash the potatoes until creamy then serve and enjoy!