Mexican food is frickin’ awesome, because it’s so easy to get a proper balance between fats, carbs and protein that’s still bursting with flavour!
Using fresh herbs can really create a flavourful marinade without the extra calories.
Cilantro is packed full of essential vitamins including A and K which are important for vision, blood clotting and bone formation- all pretty important for fitness enthusiasts!
To top it all off, these healthy chicken tacos also use two different types of spicy peppers to really add a fiery fat-burning punch!
Want more healthy recipes like this?
Grab our 10 ‘go-to’ recipes that make naughty cravings a thing of the past in our free Gourmet Fitmeals recipe pack.
Macros*: 375 kcal, 11g fat, 31g carbs, 6g fibre, 40g protein
- 2 Chipotle in Adobo
- ½ cup Coriander, packed
- ¼ cup Mint
- ¼ Pickled Jalapeno
- 1 tbsp Brine from Jalapeno
- 1 tsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp Water
- 225g (8oz) Chicken Breast
- 4 Soft Corn Tortillas
- 55g (2oz) Queso Fresco (you could also sub for Feta Cheese)
- 2 TBSP Salsa Cilantro, to garnish
- Add all marinade ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Chop chicken breast into 2 cm chunks and toss with marinade. Let it soak for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat a nonstick pan on medium/high heat and add chicken breast. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until chicken has cooked through and started to caramelize. Remove from pan.
- Lightly toast the corn tacos in a separate pan for a minute on each side until they become pliable. Evenly distribute chicken between tacos and top with some queso fresco, salsa and garnish with cilantro.
*Note: Macros are given per serving of these healthy chicken tacos assuming 2 tacos in total.