[fusion_text]Disclaimer alert; I might be about to teach some of you how to suck eggs. But just try and stop me.
I introduce to you, the grilled chicken & courgette summer salad; a simple cobbling together of lightly grilled courgette, succulent chicken breast, avocado and fresh mixed leaves, glinting under a light coating of a ‘summer-sensation’ citrus dressing. Low in calories, low in carbs, high in lean protein; this dish is perfect for those of you looking to still indulge in the BBQ yum-factor while cutting for that bodacious summer bod.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted)
- Lightly season your chicken breast with the seasoning mix, massage it in with your fingers, then wrap it in some tin foil and pop it in the oven for 20mins.
- Meanwhile, chop the courgette diagonally; giving you nice oblong slices about half a centimetre thick, and then sprinkle liberally with the seasoning mix.
- After the chicken has been cooking for 10mins, pop your courgette on a baking tray and whack that in the oven for the final 10mins. Now is probably a good time to get that barbeque sizzling, if it wasn’t already.
- Once your chicken and courgette has had its allocated oven time, get it out, slice up the chicken, and get it all onto that barbeque. It will only need about 3mins on each side; just enough to get some gorgeous looking grill stripes.
- Now, beat together your oil, lemon juice, and what was left of your seasoning mix, and toss it with the salad leaves and avocado slices.
- Once the barbeque has worked its magic, get your salad leaf medley onto a plate, and top with the courgette and chicken. Season with a pinch of rock salt and freshly cracked black pepper, and you are done.