For the perfect meal to fill in those remaining end-of-the-day macros, this Fig & Lentil ‘Colour Blast’ salad gets you your healthy dose of fats, meat-free protein, and carbs from low starch legumes. Combining a fresh mix of Mediterranean inspired flavours with the lush sweetness of the figs, this is a salad that (surprisingly) will take away that desire for an after dinner pudding.
- Thinly slice the cucumber and pepper, halve the tomatoes, grate the carrot, and roughly chop the celery. Set it all to the side with the rest of the ingredients.
- Chuck the above ingredients with the rocket into your salad bowl. Toss with the oil, seasoning and lemon. You can choose to add a pinch of Demerara sugar here to enhance the sweet flavours, entirely up to you. It’s great with or without.
- Serve up the salad onto a good-sized plate and sprinkle over a pinch more cracked black pepper.
- Now carefully cut the figs into wedges and layer them onto the top of the salad. How you arrange them is entirely dependent on how much you want to impress the person you are eating with.
- Done!! Time to switch over to your favourite TV show, or take in the beautiful surroundings if you are lucky enough to be eating this alfresco, and enjoy.