Steamed puddings are a sure-fire winner for an easy and quick to cook scrummy treat. This dark chocolate steamed pudding recipe will have you slicing into a moist sponge with a rich, gooey core in less than half an hour.
Comprising of healthy fats, carbs and natural protein, this delicious pudding will fit happily into your daily macros while conquering the need to scoff something naughty.
- Firstly, grind or smash the oats into a flour-like consistency. Don’t worry if there are some bigger bits, these will soften up in the mix and not affect the pudding.
- In a microwaveable container, melt the butter and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, get the egg whites, yoghurt, cocoa powder, honey, baking powder, salt and sweetener into a mixing bowl and mix it up until completely blended and smooth.
- Add the butter to your mixing bowl and stir well.
- Now, if you have a pudding steamer then use that and steam for approximately 3-5 minutes until the top has a soft spongy texture. If you don’t have a steamer, then the next steps are for you.
- Half fill a pan with water, cover with the lid, and bring to the boil on the hob.
- Transfer the combined ingredients to 1 or 2 (depending on how big you want the puddings) egg-poachers. I use PoachPods as they give a nice shape to the pudding, and float on the water in the pot.
- Reduce the boiling water pan to simmer and carefully place the poachers in the water. Cover with the lid and leave to steam until the top of the pudding has a spongy feel.
- Once cooked, remove the puddings from the pan and carefully remove them from the poachers.
- Get them onto a plate and serve with some cream, ice cream, or yoghurt.
*Macros information refers to the recipe making a single serving and excludes the addition of accompanying cream, yoghurt or ice cream.