The Chin Up is an upper body exercise that primarily targets the lats, but also works the biceps, forearms and middle back. This is a compound exercise which is well suited to beginner lifters.
- Eccentric pull up
- Lat pulldown
- If you can’t do chin ups, try doing eccentric chin ups or assisted chin ups.
- Grab the bar with your palms facing inwards or towards you and hands close together.
- Pull your torso up by pulling your shoulders and elbows down and back.
- Ensure you really squeeze your back muscles as you reach the top position.
- Slowly lower yourself back down to the starting position.