The cheeky chipolata frittata is a low GI, hearty morsel that will compliment any meal of the day. Served up here with a punchy cider and mustard salad, this dish makes for a delicious and filling belly-warming lunch, that will keep you powering on like a duracell bunny.
Throwing sweet potato, egg, and chipolatas together in this Italian invention provides you with a healthy macro split that is low in those unwanted added sugars.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted)
- Cut the sweet potato into cubes and set to boil or steam. Meanwhile, dry fry the chipolatas for 3-5 minutes to brown the outside. After 10 minutes, drain the sweet potato and leave to one side for later.
- Get the egg, milk, and seasoning into a mixing bowl and whisk it up until completely blended.
- Next add the spring onion and sweet potato to your blended mix.
- Transfer the combined ingredients to a greased baking dish large enough to leave at least an inch of room for growth at the top.
- Plop your chipolatas into the mix so that they are lying happily together with a small gap between them.
- Whack the whole thing in the oven for 30-35mins until it is golden brown on top with a spongey feel when pressed.
- Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for 5 minutes. This will give you time to whisk up the mustard, vinegar and lime juice to make your salad dressing. Toss the dressing with the remaining salad ingredients, transfer to a plate and sprinkle with seasoning.
- With your salad now ready, decant the frittata from the dish to the plate, and enjoy.