Breakfast is one of the most important meals for me — even when I’m dieting it’s important to have something tasty first thing in the morning.
A delicious, nutritious breakfast really sets the tone for the rest of the day.
I love this recipe because it’s healthy and packed with flavour along with the perfect ratio of fats, carbs and protein!
Macros*: Calories 313, Protein 28g, Carbs 29g, Fat 9g
- 1 Slice Canadian Bacon
- 1 Sprouted Grain Tortilla Wrap
- 2 tbsp Salsa (I prefer spicy!)
- 1 Whole Egg
- 6 tbsp Egg Whites
- 1 oz (28g) Light Feta Cheese
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Remove extra visible fat and chop bacon. Heat nonstick pan on medium and add bacon. Cook for several minutes and toss in salsa. Stir occasionally for several minutes.
- While bacon and salsa is cooking, slice wrap into 1-1.5 cm thick slices. Add to pan and toss to coat tortilla wrap “noodles” to coat with sauce.
- Whisk together egg and egg whites in a bowl and add to pan. Lower heat and continue tossing until eggs are cooked but still soft. Stir in feta, sprinkle with fresh pepper and serve.