The Band side lateral raise is an upper body exercise that primarily targets the shoulder muscles. This is an isolation exercise which is well suited to beginner lifters.
- Side lateral raise
- Kettle bell side lateral raise
- Grab onto the band in different positions to change the tension and increase or decrease the difficulty of the exercise.
- Stand with feet together and grab on to a resistance band with both hands by your sides. There should be slight tension in the band at the start of the exercise.
- Keeping your arms straight, lift them up and out to your sides until they are parallel to the ground.
- Lower your arms back down to your sides in a slow and controlled motion.