The Band external rotation 2 is an upper body exercise that primarily targets the rotator cuff muscles. This is an isolation exercise which is well suited to beginner lifters.
- Cable external rotation
- Dumbbell external rotation
- Hold the band in different positions to adjust the tension and increase or decrease the difficulty of the exercise.
- Grab a light resistance band and stand with your feet shoulder width apart and your elbows tucked in by your sides. Bring your hands up to shoulder level with slight tension in the resistance band.
- Move your hands away from each other and retract your shoulder blades to stretch the resistance band.
- Move your hands back towards each other to return to the starting position. This movement is quite subtle but if done correctly, you will feel it in your shoulder blades!
Shoulder Muscle Diagram.