The band external rotation 1 is an upper body exercise that primarily targets the rotator cuff muscles. This is an isolation exercise which is well suited to beginner lifters.
- Cable external rotation
- Dumbbell external rotation
- Hold the band in different positions to change the tension and increase or decrease the difficulty of the exercise.
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart and your arms bent to 90 degrees with your elbows by your sides. Hold onto a light resistance band with both hands just narrower than shoulder width and slight tension in the band in the starting position.
- Keeping your elbows locked into your sides, pull on the band by moving your hands away from each other and squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Slowly return to the stating position by allowing your hands to come together.