The Band Assisted Pull Up is an upper body exercise that primarily targets the lats, but also works the biceps and middle back. This is a compound exercise which is well suited to beginner lifters.
- Loop your resistance band over the top of your pull up station and around the bottom of your knees. There should be enough tension in the band to help push you upwards and make the movement easier.
- Grab the bar with palms facing forwards and hands slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Pull your torso up by pulling your shoulders and upper arms down and back.
- Ensure you really squeeze your back muscles as you reach the top position.
- Slowly lower yourself back down to the starting position.