[fusion_text] Autumn, the fitness junkie’s season of delights for the harvest of all those low sugar berries and fruit. And what better use for the multitude of available blackberries, raspberries, apples and plums, than a mouthwatering Autumn harvest overnight proats (protein-oats).
Perfect for blasting straight into an early morning workout, this oat, whey protein and fruit medley can be made the night before and left in the fridge to be scoffed for breakfast the next day. What’s more, it can easily be made on mass, divided up, and frozen to be used throughout the week. Delicious and time-saving….who could ask for more.
- In a mixing bowl, blend together the almond milk, yoghurt, protein powder and seasoning.
- Now for the really hard bit. Take the remaining ingredients, minus the berries, and churn them in to the wet mix.
- Finally, carefully fold the berries into the mix. Depending on how much colour-bleed from the berries you want, this bit can require a reasonably delicate touch.
- Transfer the whole lot into a chunky breakfast bowl, cover with some Clingfilm, and leave it to sit in the fridge overnight.
- Come breakfast time the next morning, simply get your proats out of the fridge, unwrap, and consume!