[fusion_text]For lovers of a good Scandinavian apple cake with a twist, I give to thee, the Apple & Berry Gooey Baked Oats. A delicious marriage of oats, apple, blackberries, banana, sticky prunes and dark, dark, rich and powerful chocolate.
Best eaten cold before a morning workout with a lavish helping of natural yoghurt, this oaty breakfast morsel will deliver all the low GI carbs that your body needs to get you through your whole gym session.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted)
- Get the egg, almond milk, protein powder, baking powder, salt, sweetener and cinnamon into a mixing bowl and whisk it up until completely blended.
- Add your apple, oats, blackberries, banana, prunes and chocolate to your blended mix.
- Transfer the combined ingredients to a small greased loaf tin (the mix should be a couple of inches deep in the tin).
- Whack it in the oven for 25-30mins until it is golden brown on top with a spongey feel when pressed.
- Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool before removing it from the tin. Take care not to leave it near an open window; everyone knows from cartoons that a freshly baked treat never lasts that long near a window.
- Once it has cooled right down, wrap it and stick it in the fridge ready for breakfast the next day.
- Serve it up with the natural yoghurt and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
*Macros information refers to the recipe making a single serving