Do you think you get enough vitamins in your current diet plan? If not, then this simple shake is the drink for you, full of healthy ingredients to boost your immune system and help you get rid of any coughs or colds you may have.
Ginger soothes the intestinal tract and is packed with anti-inflammatory antioxidants. Raspberries have 10 times the antioxidants of broccoli or tomatoes. Spinach contains more than a dozen different antioxidant nutrients and can help prevent cardiovascular disease, cancer and bone disease. Mint leaves help to cleanse the blood, reduce bad breath and even whiten teeth! Bananas are a great source of potassium which helps protect against atherosclerosis and prevent high blood pressure. Lemons have anti-bacterial, anti-viral and immune boosting powers. The health benefits of green tea are too long to list! But you can read about them here.
- 1 Green tea bag
- 1 Banana
- Handful of raspberries
- 2cm/1 in of fresh ginger
- 1 Lemon
- Handful of spinach leaves
- Handful of mint leaves
- Ice cubes
- Brew half a large mug of green tea, top up with water and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the ginger and pick a handful of mint leaves off their stems.
- Roughly chop a banana and grate the zest of an unwaxed lemon.
- Squeeze the remaining lemon juice into a blender and add the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth and enjoy!